Mid-American Music Review

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Update: Welcome to the MMR!

Welcome to the Mid-American Music Review, your homegrown source for discussion report and review of all that is happening musically in your hometown! I'm Eric Dewell and I'm super excited to be bringing you the latest coverage of the Midwestern music scene. On this blog, you'll find regular coverage on everything that has to do with music, culture and entertainment occurring right here in America's heartland. The wide variety of topics will include interviews with hometown artists and groups, reports on emerging and established creative movements and styles, reviews of concerts and cultural activities, and many, many more.

I hope to bring all this information to you, lucky follower, in many different media formats. For instance, I will be writing brief yet engaging posts right here on the MMR blog about interesting subjects and events that I come across at least 3-4 times a week. This could be recent concert performances, community events, pertinent news stories, etc. If it's musical and it happens in Mid-America, I'll write about it!

I also plan to use this site to distribute the MMR podcast, a bimonthly podcast wherein I discuss in detail a particular topic regarding to Mid-American music. To learn more about what's coming in Season 1, check out the teaser clip below.



In the long run, I will also integrate video into these blog posts. These will include MMR video podcasts where I deliver musical news from in front of a backdrop or behind a news desk. I also plan to capture video coverage from regional musical festivals and concerts in the future. Just thinking of the possibilities for is making me excited!

The MMR grew out of a fervent passion for music and a newfound enthusiasm for podcasting and blogging. Developing this project has been a joy, and I look forward to continuing it in the years to come. Please stay tuned for upcoming posts, including the premier podcast episode featuring Muncie singer-songwriter Wes Moore (coming 12/9/14). In the mean time, help spread the word that the MMR exists by sharing this post to your various social media pages, and tell a friend to subscribe to the blog. I'm always eager to know what you think, so leave your words of encouragement/criticism in the comments below. Anything you say can help make this blog something extraordinary.

I believe that about wraps it up for a first post, don't you think? If you want to follow me personally, you can find me on Facebook or on Twitter @theGoodDeal92. I've been Eric Dewell, and I'll see you on the flip-side.

No comments:

Post a Comment